Monday, October 01, 2007

Greater Things In Life

I fell asleep around near 6am this morning...and I had a horrible nightmare...

I can't remember the last time I wept in my sleep...but it happened this morning...

I dreamt, my dad had a freak accident...and something horrible happened to him...he fell from a cliff...into a shallow creek below...and because of the impact at landing, he broke his leg...i saw his leg...exactly like mine when i broke mine...but when the doctors check...they say they cant do anything about it...they had to amputate...

i remembered thinking...shit...my mom x keje...i am still in uni...how???papa dah x boleh kerja...i cried coz i was worried for the future of our family...i cried coz i was sad that such a horrible thing would happen to a strong man like my dad...

well...its not all teary actually...even in my dreams, my randomness prevailled...for example, in my dream, i remembered that my dad had actually taken income protection insurance in case of working disabilities...INCOME PROTECTION INSURANCE????gahhh...and actually, in my dream, my dad told me not to worry...and casually reminding us "dont we have a 28million dollar house?? asset ada...28juta tu banyak...kenapa nak risau?"

WTFBBQ!

ok...seriously, i dont have such assets...and if such things were to happen...i guess it would be a really2 big blow coz seriously, my dad's the only one providing for the family...adik beradik semua kecik2 lagi...and...we dont have income protection insurance...

i guess i had that dream because somewhere in my mind is carved the thought that this is my final semester and soon i would be carrying a new responsibility towards the family...financial responsibility...to allow my dad some time to relax more...to allow my bro to do things he wanted to do...

the timing of the dream couldnt have been better...a reminder that there are greater things in life to worry about...and for me to realign my priorities...that i now have to be prepared for greater responsibilities...coz soon its no longer uni, assignmnts, student associations, etc...it will be looking out for my sibblings...my family...

...the greater things in life.


p/s: sunny...wake up...

No comments: