Monday, December 18, 2006

Err...How bout some space? ... thank you ...

Today is the first day of working for me! =)

I started work at the Tourism Malaysia office here in Sydney...my work consists of some book-keeping, answering phone calls when they come in (my comp is at the front desk), and pretty much helping out kak wati or anyone with anything that i can...

i was very very lucky to get the job...and i hope all goes well in the lead up to me going back to malaysia later in january...there still currently are many clouds of uncertainties hovering around...and i'm not sure if its gonna drizzle, rain cats n dogs, or shine...

i work 9-5, monday to friday...and as far as i can recall, i have never worked like this before...sure, near chinese new year at the pasar was a hectic period with eaaarly start to the day and late late breakfast with non-stop work...but that's helping out my dad...and it only goes berzerk on weekends...

the day started very early for me...before i went back to sleep again, and woke up, still very early for me...but it wasnt long till i was on the bus and on my way to work...

845 am ... i arrived at the office to be greeted by kak wati...and soon i was on the go...learning what i have to do...doing it...lunch time came all too soon (time flies) ... and after that...i resumed working...and hey presto...its 530 pm already! All in all, work was good...everyone was nice...and i hope i did well for my first day (i handed all employees their december salary!) =)

i took the 292 bus back...and reached home by about 645pm... i was sleeping all the way on the bus...and was extremely lucky to wake up when the driver stops at macquarie center...it was kinda tiring...maybe coz im not used to it yet...and the peaceful sight of herring rd apartments greated me...ah.....home sweet home...

as i approached my front door...i noticed the stove ventilator was on... "adoiiii..." it must be 'them'....and when i opened the door... "sigh" ... it is 'them'...

my hongkie housemates (2 of them) were cooking, and as usual...they were cooking for a whole batalion of army...ok, it was juz 6 person (them included), but it looked like they were cooking for the whole army batalion! but its no surprise...i have had many hongkie/mainlanders as housemates before...and when u put 2 of them together...juz 2, u ALWAYS get chaos in the kitchen...

so i went in, said hi...they asked me if i was at work or something...blablabla...i was kinda annoyed already to be frank...come on...the house is for 6 person...there is only enough space for that amount of person...when 2 housemates take up the whole space for ALL 6 housemates who pay rent and call that place 'home'...isnt that bollocks??

perhaps sensing my frustration...the more thoughtful of the 2 hongkie asked me, do you want to cook? i said yes, trying hard to be nice, since he is nice enough to ask...and he asked me.. " oh, what do you need?" (while looking around the packed and messy kitchen).... so i replied, "err, how bout some space?"....

so i managed to get some space and went on with my chopping and cooking...not much really...cooked instant noodles only....and iron-chefly, i finished my signature instant noodles+pasta in about 15 minutes =P it wasnt pleasant cooking though when you need to rush...so many things in the kitchen, in the dining room, and people at the living room hogging the TV (which is provided by the uni) playing the PS 2 <--as usual...the whole place so, noisy....so....chaotic....sigh...

so i brought my dinner and a mug of hot tea into my room...turned on my laptop...opened a movie...and watched it while eating....didnt finish the movie....showered n all...and hey presto, its already 9pm!

wudn't it be nice to come back from work to your home, your own home - which for me is a quiet and tidy place, not so energized surrounding so i can chill out...all this made me wonder...i think that's exactly how my dad feels...he works really hard all morning till noon...and when he comes back, finds a messy and noisy place (courtesy of yours truly - me n gang) ...

gosh...

i guess i learnt a few lessons for myself...be considerate if next time i 'am' the crowd...and housemates comes first, then guests - coz each housemates shares the right, equal right, to call a house their 'home'...

2 comments:

me said...

yeah, i know that feeling. now we know how our dads have been feeling all these years bile balik kerja kan?

Anonymous said...

ya, betol tu cik tasha...tsk3...