Thursday, December 20, 2007

the promised land

tuesday...18th december was a day full of good news...it seemed surreal, such that it got me asking "what's the catch?"...there isn't many of such days in one's lifetime

i checked my estudent that day...and i saw there...written...confirmed...that i am all good to graduate....yeay!!!!! no...not really...it wasn't really a 'yeay!' but more of 'alhamdulillah'...and a deep deep sigh of relief...i mean, results was ok...but seeing that confirmation had effectively put all doubts to rest...

then i saw my scheduled graduation ceremony...17th april 2008.....what?! SEVENTEENTH APRIL TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT??!!!!! (i spelt the numbers...meaning it's a HUGE shock..hehe)....that's my birthday!!!!!!!!!! now this time it is a big 'HAHAHAHA!'...wow...what a bonus!

i am really looking forward to that now...i will definitely come back to sydney for it...now the finishing line is in sight...i just cant wait to cross it...phewwww...really, if anyone understands what i've been through, they'd know how big a 'phew' that is....

i remembered a conversation i had with azan waayyyy some time ago...when i was dealing with my problems in uni and looking at people graduating...he reassured me that i will reach the promised land...i will cross the finish line in this race we call uni...it might seem like a simple point to make but being where i was back then, i really needed some serious boost in my self-belief...and those reassuring words couldn't have come at a better time for me...(thanks dude!)

Allah is almighty, he is Ar-rahman and Ar-rahim...all praise to Him for all this...i would never have made it this far (or anywhere near it) without His love...my parents, family and her ... they had been my source of strength...when times are tough and i felt that it is all too much...when the next day was a big exam and i felt i needed an extra boost...somehow...i feel their prayers and somehow that provided much needed source of confidence....

and all my friends who were with me all this while or at any stage of my journey, no matter where you are...whom i find support and happiness in...who believed...who made life here so meaningful....thank you all very very very much...

and...

later during the day i received a phone call from a company in malaysia whom i have been in contact with...and they confirmed an offer for me as finance analyst there..i am very thankful that i have this already...and while this sparked a whole deeper (and sometimes confusing and frustrating) self debate about my future, can i complain? no.

and so i hope everything goes well...the graduation...my career...and my transition to the next stage of my life...i also wish all my mates who are at the same stage here all the best and a safe journey into the new unknown...



p/s- i have watched 'Gone with The Wind' twice in the past 5 days!!!!! (anyone wanna make it thrice?) maaan....the movie is AWESOME....haha! how did i start this madness? RANDOM! yes tasha, randomness is COOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Maan...

I'm proud of you! You have completed your studies and that is no minor feat, especially with all the obstacles, and trials and tribulations that have presented themselves in your journey. Feels good huh? Hahah...cool...

Now go and paint the town red!

LazyS said...

ngeeeeeeeeee
congratsssssssss!!!! ahaha so happy for u!
see, all is well in the end.
muahahhaaaaa