Monday, October 09, 2006

Mid Ramadhan's notes...and my hearing is IMPAIRED =(

lately i have been hearing lotsa birds chirping in the morning...hehe...no, not that im waking up too early, but ive been sleeping late =P usually during ramadhan, i try to sleep early, so i can wake up for sahur, and not sleep again...but many times, i go over that sleep time, and reach point of no return, where i must stay awake till sahur, and sleep after subuh..hehe...slack...

yes, its once again ramadhan...as many wouldve already known since its already been...err, the 15th day or so of fasting...it's my 3rd time fasting overseas now...and i must say, i've learnt a lot from fasting overseas over these years...

while in malaysia, a huge deal of fasting is about the breaking of it...about what im gonna have for breaking the fast, and for sahur...sometimes not feeling content with what wudave been an ok meal on normal days...feeling the need of must having someting special...

now, partly coz of me being constantly broke...i find myself not making too much fuss of what to eat for breaking the fast in the evening...if i do complain, its no different than the usual -> bored of eating the same ol maggi or fried rice..

how shud i put it in words? hmm, now, i dont really care what i eat for buka or sahur...i mean, all my life here, i am ok with having what i have alwas had...why wud i wanna complain about it in ramadhan? why would there be need for more special food in ramadhan?

and as consequence of this, i no longer care what i eat...no, really...i discovered when i was back in malaysia for my holidays...i didnt care what my mom wud prepare...what type of vege...what type of fish...ikan bawal putih ke ikan kembung...i used to complain when i was younger "kenapa tiap2 hari mesti kena ade ikan??" (DOHHH! of coz la, papa jual ikan!)...

i'm juz thankful i have food...doesnt matter what is given to me, im thankful i have someone preparing it for me....here, doesnt matter what i come up with by mix n matching what i have in the kitchen, in my all-brokeness...i can still have a proper meal...it doesnt matter what others wanna belanja me (you???yess!!) - im thankful i have ppl that wanna treat me dinner =)

i guess, with less attention being paid at ramadhan's less important meaning (food), more resources can be spent at embracing the bigger picture of ramadhan...ibadah, patience, moderation, being thankful...after all, ramadhan is a month to train oneself in improving those aspects...well, i am learning and hopefully improving...hopefully i come out of this ramadhan, a better person than i was before i enter it...

hmmm, 2 nights ago, i was having a crazy headache...i dunno why...my gf suggested high blood pressure, coz maybe my body couldnt tolerate the saltyness of a dish i had for dinner...err, really???noooo...im too young...hey wait, cant be high BP la...i am ok in handling stress...and i eat maggi like a normal uni student...x pening pun biasanye?? (ok cik gg, sila pegi blaja lg nak jadi doktor tu yer...diagnosis salah tu =P *differential diagnosis ppl - house*)

ok, maybe my dizzyness and ketidakseimbangan badan is caused by sometin else...too much sleep? nahhh...ahah! blocked ears? (why dont i just see a doctor??)...i did a test on my ears, by turning up my headphones to loudest..and i do feel my right ear isnt hearing as loud as my left...argh...noooo...cacat....

oh ya, msa had announced its new committee =D visit here for details--> mqmsa.org

congratulations to shim and co...you all do your best for all malaysians here k? what we do in life, echoes in eternity *wink*

post-retirement life is good...i get more time to catch up with friends...been lepaking with some friends...lepaking in my room (yes room, i missed you too)...more time spent with family and ehem...and of coz, i have now more time to study =)

4 comments:

me said...

hmmm one long entry, but a nice read though! yeah, i agree. kat sini makan je ape yg ade.but the craving is definitely there la kan. this being the first time me raya n fasting away from family. but, as u said, i'm getting used to it. siap makan food semalam sume sbb malas nak masak hahaha

p/s: lama jugak x nampak u around eh :P

Sunny MST said...

hehe...good to know u are getting used to it - this process can only make u a tougher person =)
hehe...lama gak ar x nampak...nak wat macammana...nothing real going on anyway - and i dont go shopping often =P

Anonymous said...

haiyyaa, cik gg juz giving my opinion lahh...takkanlah cik gg nak my bf ader high blood pressure :P it might only happpen because of disturbance to ur body homeostasis ;p (huhuhu..what i'm talking about)

and anyway, thanx for the tyms that u haf now :) but nex week, u gonna go to melb :( take care cik sunny tan!!!!

me said...

heyyy! the last statement u made, what's that supposed to mean? :P